Saturday, August 6, 2011

02086190746

02086190746
02086190746

These rang me yesterday - asked for mrs Neave - I asked them which mrs neave they wanted as one lives in bristol, one has recently got married and moved with her hubby and I'm the only other mrs neave who was at the house - all I wanted was a first name so I could direct them - the guy said "oh okay" and hung up without asking for which mrs neave he wanted.
Was called recently from this number - easily checkable by dialling 1471. Most worryingly of all is that the Indian male voice asked for me by my name. I asked who he was, was told Health & Wellness Centre Kent, I said I don't know you and banged down the phone. Have received other phone calls from Indian males, a previous occasion it was supposed to be some kind of "financial service" etc. These nuisance callers are easily recognised because immediately they go into the "American-style friendly spiel" of trying to ask "how are you?". That's a dead give away, so immediately you hear that slam the phone down. Spread the word to all you know about these nuisance and threatening people.
I ring them back and get an unitelligible answer machine message - I leave a message saying if it's something genuine then please call back (could be something to do with mum's church friends)- if they're selling something I'm not interested.
My phone system gave them the unobtainable tone both occasions as the line they rung is not currently in use and the only time the number has *ever* been used in July was known to just THREE family members! Random dialler? No idea what they were selling if anything. Haven't rung back since.
They ring again this morning asking for a mrs NeaLe, not mrs NeaVe. I say to him "I spoke to you yesterday. Firstly it's not Neale it's Neave and secondly...." the guy hangs up on me.

I try to ring them back to get to the bottom of it - no one picks up and no answer machine.

1 comment:

  1. I have been getting these calls for several months. Each time I ask to be removed from the database and the calls stop for a while before they get going again. On one occasion, in answer to my request to be taken off the lists, I was told that I would be called 'all day every day'. I reported the calls online to TPS and chose the nature of call option 'market' research from the various possibilities given. This choise was a mistake as, in response, I got an automated reply from TPS stating that as the purpose of the call was market research they could not pursue the company involved.

    I was not prepared to leave the matter there and 'phoned TPS, explaining that, although the representative initially purported to be engaged in market research, their true business is pressure selling. TPS took the details and will contact the company to ensure that my number has been removed from their database and will also record the complaint. They said that if enough complaints are received then legal action will be taken against Sanda Wellbeing. I urge everyone to COMPLAIN TO TPS, EITHER BY PHONE OR IF ON LINE, CHOOSING THE COLD CALLING SALES OPTION. With enough recorded complaints we will stop these persistent parasites.

    ReplyDelete