860-632-0061
I received a call telling that my computer has a virus and it will crush in the next few days. When i asked the person on the phone how he got my number he told the domaine server of the compagny gave it to him. I asked him for the compagny name he said 24 by 7 pchelp.com and his name was peter roy he sounded like he had an indian accent.ECOVISION Tech - phone SCAM
They try to worry you into thinking something is wrong with your computer. They phish for information. East Indian accent - hang up on these scammers immed.I don't understand your question "why would they have access to your phone number" but lists of numbers with various amounts of personal info attach are available for sale. Phone numbers are only 10 digits long and in principle, a robot can be used to call every possible 10-digit phone number. If you have a phone, anyone can call your number and someone has. Same thing happened to me. Called us at 7:20 AM today (Saturday) to report that one of my computers was emitting bad signals and needed to be fixed right away. My mom woke me up in a panic. I called them back and requested to speak with "Caroline Ross". "No one here by that name", I was told. I'm like what's the deal? I told them I'm an IT professional and deal with this sort of stuff on a daily basis. I also told them I secure all my systems from security exploits. That was enough to shut them up. Scammers. I bet they are trying to make a quick buck from people falling for their scam.
No comments:
Post a Comment