Saturday, August 6, 2011

800-266-2278

800-266-2278
800-266-2278

They called me and told me that they were getting reports of junk files being downloaded to my computer and would I please go to my computer so they could show me the files and the messages. I said I was busy (though I was on my computer at the time) and I would call them back. They told me to hold the line and they would get me their number and their e-mail address. I held on for a few seconds until I heard the dialtone. Hopefully I won't hear from them again.
I have also had them calling me for weeks. I finally answered today and the guy just starts rambling on.
This is a scam. I had a Jamaican woman call from the same number, saying our PC was infected and had generated several serious error messages. I told her I was not interested in sales calls, to which she correctly replied that this was not, insisting she was from Microsoft tech support. I told her I didn't believe a word she was saying. She paused, then said " what??" I told her again that I didn't believe a word she was saying, then hung up. I checked the caller ID, and a few tech forums, and then called my local police station to report the scam. I urge others to report this as well. The number is CA based, which makes it an Interpol issue as they are calling internationally to further this scam
So I lied, and said:" Before you say anymore, I should tell you that I am an IT expert and do you really want to continue this conversation."

He hung up on me!!

I see that you are an actual IT expert - so go get them please!!

No comments:

Post a Comment