309-948-2036
309-948-2036
I live in Brampton, Ontario and just received this call telling me to turn on my computer and press Ctrl along with the r key as my computer was corrupted with a large number of junk files that were harmful to my computer. I asked where he was calling from 3 time before he told me "India". I told him if Rogers Telecom wants me to test my computer they can email me. I have Norton Antivirus as so he needn't try selling me anything....have a good day, this call has ended. Goodbye. click.
I got this same call today...(July 25, 2011) I argued with the fellow with the Asian accent for 8 minutes. I told him I have a router, antivirus and that I use a safe browser. He said he was with a team of 35 technicians working to solve my problems for Windows users. For starters, the team needs to be about 350,000 strong. I told him I did not trust him and that I refused to follow his instruction to just sit down in front of my computer and he would show me all the infections and malware. I told him I did not lodge a complaint about my computer with the "Windows Team". Finally, he said "Ma'am, so just get lost, f__k off"! Then HE hung up on ME! Lovely!! His last 7 words confirmed that he indeed was a scammer. First instincts are usually the ones to follow.
No comments:
Post a Comment