446-846-1539
446-846-1539
Same thing happened to me. However, their website was not working and when I phoned, the representative couldn't tell me how they got my number. I asked to speak to someone who could help me, and the representative hung up on me. I called my bank (RBC) to report all of this. The bank's representative got me through to someone who could answer a few more questions. But it's still a shady business but not quite illegal. I was sure to get a reference number for my cancellation. The second representative of "Privacyplus" to whom I spoke admitted that they were having technical difficulties with their website - certainly doesn't make it easy to cancel a service!I just called and cancelled my credit card no time to wait if they will cancell they put the red flags up and this is to me is a fraud. I didn't speak to anyone about cancell membership because I couldn't get through?This happens somehow when trying to get a credit report online. It happened to me last year and again this year. I did NOT sign up for this account yet they somehow weasel their way in. Just call the number and cancel, they seem to be use to it.You'll have to go through a long auto directory, but just get to someone and tell them you have no idea what they do, you never signed up the the alleged account you have with them, you and want a full refund of everything they have charged you.
So when you call this number back, what information do I need on hand in order for them to cancel my 'membership' which I don't even have? Do you just give your mailing address and name and they will be able to do it? Anything else I might need to have on hand for when I call?
You may also want to call you credit card company and ask for a new card.
This is totally a scam. I've also reported the scam to the Quebec police as, according to their website, they are based within Quebec and urge you all to do the same.
No comments:
Post a Comment